J. F. Southern, Ph.D.
Professor of Management and Information Systems
Business & Education Academic Building, Office 226
(678) 547-6234, Fax (678) 547-6160
Management with a Minor in
· B.S.I.M. Industrial Management with a Minor in Industrial Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1965
A. A. Liberal
Professor of Management and Information Systems,
1983 – 1989
Associate Professor of Management,
1977 – 1983
Associate Professor of Business Adm., State
1972 – 1977
Assistant Professor of Business Administration,
· Journal of Diversity Management, Third Quarter 2007, Vol. 2, Number 3, pp.37-44, “Team Approach or Individual Approach: A Statistical Analysis of the Impact of Socioeconomic Heterogeneity on Students’ Preference in Writing Term Papers in Management Courses.” (Co-author) Yu, Johnson, and Zhang.
· Presented to and published in the proceedings of the 4th Global Conference on Business and Economics, Oxford, England, June 2005: "Team Approach or Individual Approach: A Statistical Analysis of the Impact of Socioeconomic Heterogeneity on Students' Preference in Writing Term Papers in Management Courses."
· Presented to and published in the proceeding of the 2004 Hawaii Conference on Business, June 2004: "Marketing At The Entrepreneurship Interface Continues Relatively Unabated: E-Commerce 2003 – 2004."
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES:
· Southern Management Association
· National Decision Sciences Institute
· Secretary for SSBE Chapter of Bata Gamma Sigma, 2006 – Present.
· Member of Working Families for Walmart.
· Paper reviewer for The Journal of Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship, August, 2004.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
· Alpha Kappa Psi, Beta Gamma Sigma, and Industrial Management Honorary Society
· Who's Who In The South and Southwest, 23 rd. Edition, August 1992 and 24th. Edition, August 1994.
in Who's Who in